Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yesterday

I didn't really wake up on the right side of the bed, but was motivated to clean. So I was doing extensive cleaning... the works. I sorted all the clothes I didn't want anymore along with shoes and bags and put them in a large garbage bag. Hours later after working on the apt and such me and Erik took the bag to donate to the nearby church. The lady said "I don't think we really do anything like that..." WHAT?! This church has more homeless people sleeping outside of the church after hours than any other NY church I've seen... and they don't take any donations? So I said "Well, if the church won't help the people sleeping on God's doorstep for some kind of help or protection, I will." So I sat it in a corner of the church where I always see homeless people cubbied away. After dinner and I got ready for work I drove past the church and the bag was still there with a few items laying around it, but no one around it. So after a long and slightly strenuous night at work, we got the cab driver to drop us off at the side of the church. Surprisingly there was only one person sleeping outside and she was covered in my clothes. She looked at me with the biggest smile on her face. Really her face said it all, because she was looking at me with so much admiration and satisfaction in her eyes. It was almost like she knew it was me. She just kept staring at me and smiling. For all I know, she could have been on drugs and felt really good at that moment. Whatever the case, her smile and lookin at me like I was an angel made me feel really good. It made all the bullshit that happened throughout the day worth it in the end.

No comments: